EAGE Regional Council Russia
I EAGE Regional Council Russia (RCR)
- The EAGE RCR exists to support EAGE activities in the Russian Federation including the identification of members' needs and the delivery of services to members. The RCME also assists with the promotion of the society and its activities (such as membership, meetings and publications).
- The RCR liaises with the EAGE Board through its Chair, who is a member of the Regions Committee. The Chair is invited to attend the first Board meeting at each annual conference to present a regional report.
- The RCR advises, reviews and contributes to all relevant activities of the EAGE in Russia including the development of activity plans, strategies and policies, which are submitted to the EAGE Board, through the Board Member for Russia, for final approval.
II Composition of the EAGE RCR
- The RCR is a balanced representation of the geoscientific population in Russia, with members drawn from companies, universities and other organizations of practising geoscientists and engineers. In selecting members, consideration should be given to diversity of representation as well as willingness to serve, in accordance with the EAGE Constitution.
- Initial membership of the RCR is established by invitation from the Board and/or the first Chair. Subsequent member selection may be determined by the RCR, subject to the other By-Laws in this section.
- Subsequent Chairs and Vice-Chairs shall be elected by RCR members.
- RCR members shall be members of EAGE, or a local chapter of EAGE, or the EurAsian Geophysical Society (EAGO).
- RCR members may serve for an initial period of two years, renewable twice to a maximum of six years by mutual consent and consistent with any other selection process identified in B.II.2.
- RCR members are not paid. However, reasonable expenses for travel, subsistence and office materials will be considered under the general policy on expenses in Article XIV of the By- Laws.
III Conduct of RCR meetings
- The RCR usually meets twice per year, normally in conjunction with a regional event.
- A quorum shall consist of two-thirds of the RCR membership, meeting either physically or by tele-conference. A quorum must include the Chair (or Vice-Chair if unavailable).
- The Regional Manager for Russia and CIS is entitled to attend RCR meetings but may not vote and does not contribute to the quorum.
- Minutes of each meeting shall be taken. Once reviewed and approved by attendees, a copy shall be sent, within thirty days of the meeting, to the Head Office in Houten for onward distribution to the EAGE Board and archival.