EAGE has a growing global presence in geoscience and engineering and would like its awards to reflect the breadth and scope of the Association. We therefore encourage members from all over the world to nominate candidates. By submitting a nomination, you can help to recognise and promote technical and professional achievement from within the membership and throughout the world. We look forward to hearing from you!
The nominations for the 2018 EAGE Awards are now open: the closing date is 31 October 2017. Please upload and read the guidelines on preparing a nomination package before to submit the nomination.
1. Submit your nomination via the short nomination form on our website. It's an easy and quick tool to nominate someone!
2. When your quick nomination is received by EAGE, you will be asked to provide the following additional information to complete the nomination package:
- The nominee's CV and list of publications (if appropriate);
- A nominating letter that summarises the individual’s achievements and details why (s)he deserves the EAGE Award you have identified. It is particularly important to describe how the candidate’s work has made a significant difference to society, to the Association, or to science;
- At least one letter of support from technically qualified people who know the nominee and his/her work. Although the minimum is one support letter, nominators are encouraged to include a variety of support letters to illustrate the nominee’s strengths. However, awards are not decided by the number of support letters.
3. The deadline to submit nominations for the award cycle of 2018 is 31 October 2017. However, it is encouraged to start composing your nomination package well in advance since this will allow you enough time to submit a truly strong nomination.
- Most Awards are limited to one candidate. Honorary Membership and, in exceptional circumstances, the Schlumberger Award may be offered to a maximum of two candidates.
- The award selection process is carried out by the EAGE Awards Committee on a confidential basis, with final approval of all recommendations by the EAGE Board. Obviously it is crucial that your candidate should not be aware that he or she has been nominated.
- Only EAGE members are eligible for Honorary Membership, Schlumberger, Wegener or Van Weelden Awards.