Member of I A P C O
Authors are invited to submit 4-page extended abstracts for selection by the technical committee no later than 15 June 2013.
Your abstract should summarise the results and major conclusions to be presented, and explain the nature of the content. Badly written abstracts will not only reflect poorly on the authors, but also on the association, therefore EAGE will only consider properly written and informative abstracts.
Important: Submission of abstracts less than the required number of pages will be requested to re-submit as a 4-page Extended Abstract for consideration in the Technical Programme.
The short abstract must be uploaded using the Template. Abstracts must be in typed in English. You do not need to make a cover page for your abstract as EAGE will make this for you with the title, authors and summary. Please do not include this information in the body text of your abstract. Please start the body text of your abstract directly under the Short Abstract heading.
- The extended abstract must be uploaded using the Template.
- The extended abstract must be no more than 4 pages in length
- Please do not use more than 1 column, do not frame the text, and please upload the body of your abstract as one document with embedded figures.
- Please use the font Times New Roman 11 pts with single line spacing, set the alignment as justified and use the standard Word outline level (body text).
The margins which must be used are as follows:
- Top - 2.64cm (1.04")
- Bottom - 2.54cm (1")
- Left & right - 3.17cm (1.25")
- The lay-out of the references should be consistent with the style guide for references in the First Break guidance to authors. Please ensure every citation has a reference and vice versa.Number the figures sequentially, according to their appearance in the text, and check that each figure is cited in the text.
- Supply a short caption for each figure; more detailed discussion of the figure can be reserved for the text. Further information about the use of figure captions and figure numbering can be found in the First Break guidance to authors.
Your abstract will be uploaded in 6 steps using the online submission module. The Extended abstract must be uploaded using the correct template as per the instructions above.
In order to submit your Extended abstract successfully, the following steps in the call for papers must be taken. Please use the information icon on these pages for further information. At each step you may go [back] to change entries in previous steps by navigating on the CONTINUE and PREVIOUS buttons. After submission, and up to the close of the Call for Papers, you will be able to edit your submission by logging into the “My Submissions” website area.
- Login for EAGE members and non-members
- Corresponding author details
- Abstract title and details
- Summary: upload the body of your (extended) abstract. (Upload here your (extended) abstract according to the template and specifications above)
- Submission: by giving the submit command you upload all information from steps 1-5.
If you wish, you may use the downloadable template to create a PDF file of the abstract body text, which you may then upload to the system. If you choose this option, please do not protect the PDF file.
For technical support and further information on submission guidelines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org